The Pina Colada is the Official Cocktail of Puerto Rico. It also served as the inspiration for Rupert Holmes's 1979 hit song "Escape," which everyone knows as "The Pina Colada Song" because of its lyrics about disenchanted love and enjoyment of a certain little coconut cocktail. A Pina Colada is an icy, creamy, fruity rum drink that means summer sun and fun. This cake does,too!
Source: Booze Cakes (Confections Spiked with SPIRITS, WINE
Variation: Snow White Pina Colada Cake - For the finishing: Leave the coconut untoasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, coconut rum, and cream of coconut 3 to 5 minutes, or until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk and sour cream. Mix in the flour and milk mixtures in three alternating additions.
3. Pour batter into pans and bake 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
4. For the frosting: In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, cream of coconut, vanilla, and coconut rum until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate until cakes are cooled.
5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate and top with frosting. Add a layer of crushed pineapple and half the toasted coconut. Place second layer on top. Spread the rest of the frosting over the cake and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (245g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 283 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.4g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.6g||98 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 84.8mg||26 %|
|Sodium 9918.3mg||342 %|
|Potassium 198.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.2g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 55g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 579
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!