1. Pat chicken dry. Season with S+P. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown chicken lightly on both sides.
2. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Whisk reserved pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce, curry powder and cayenne pepper together.
3. Add pineapple juice mixture and pineapple chunks to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through.
4. While chicken is simmering, place broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with saran wrap. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Return glaze to a simmer and cook uncovered until thickened slightly, about 8 minutes.
5. Finish glaze by adding the accumulated juices from the resting chicken. Whisk together and cornstarch and vinegar until smooth. Add to the sauce, whisking to incorporate evenly. Continue to simmer until thick and syrupy, about 1 minute. Season with S+P to taste and pour over the chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with cooked long grain rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (839g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 136.9mg||42 %|
|Sodium 210.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 1518.9mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.5g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 80.9g|
|Protein 67.7g||97 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 714
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.