1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. Drain pineapple; measure 3/4 C juice to use with cake mix. Reserve remaining juice for soaking mixture.
3. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and 3/4 C pineapple juice in large bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Scrape half vanilla bean pod; combine with cake batter or mix 1 T. vanilla extract into cake batter. Fold in crushed pineapple. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 38-42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Combine remaining pineapple juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl while cake is baking. Scrape other half of vanilla bean pd and mix with juice mixture or stir in remaining 1 T vanilla extract.
6. Remove cake from oven and set on a wire rack. Poke holes in cake with skewer at 1/2" intervals while still hot and in pan. Pour soaking mixture over cake (NOTE: if soaking mixture begins to pool, poke additional holes). Allow to cool in pan 30-40 minutes, then flip cake upside down onto serving platter; remove pan. Cool completely then drizzle with glaze, if desired.
CONFECTIONERS GLAZE: Combine 1/2 C powered sugar and 1T cold milk; whisk until completely combined. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use. Makes 12-16.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1958g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1779 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 197.7g||264 %|
|Saturated Fat 27.9g||139 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 106.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 57.4g|
|Cholesterol 60.2mg||19 %|
|Sodium 4069mg||140 %|
|Potassium 1891.3mg||50 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 742.2g||218 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||40 %|
|Sugars, other 732.1g|
|Protein 40.9g||58 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4883
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!