1. Preheat the oven to 375°
2. To make the cake, in a medium cast-iron fry pan, heat the clarified butter over medium-low heat. Add the pineapple and cook until softened and golden brown, flipping once, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the fry pan from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds and lemon zest. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients until completely incorporated.
5. Pour the batter over the pineapple rings and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking, make the maraschino cherry butter: Clean out the bowl of the stand mixer, add the unsalted butter, cherries and cherry juice and mix until combined. Let cool in the refrigerator while the cake bakes.
7. Carefully flip the cake onto a plate. Slice, top with the maraschino cherry butter and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (277g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 538 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 59.8g||80 %|
|Saturated Fat 27.3g||136 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.7g|
|Cholesterol 316.7mg||97 %|
|Sodium 843.5mg||29 %|
|Potassium 266.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.8g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 61.4g|
|Protein 15.2g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 847
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!