1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Grease and line a deep 30 x 23cm baking dish or roasting tin.
3. Pour the golden syrup into the tin, pop in the oven and heat for 2 minutes.
4. Tilt the tin to evenly spread the syrup. Top with the pineapple rings.
5. In a large bowl, cream the butter until throughly creamed then gradually add the sugar and mix in until fluffy.
6. Gradually beat in the eggs until combined, then fold in the flour and enough milk to make a smooth consistency.
7. Spoon the mixture into the tin, making sure that the surface is level.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
9. To test, insert a skewer into the centre - it should come out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes.
10. Carefully upturn the cake onto a chopping board. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nice when served with double cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (220g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 329 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.6g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 348.1mg||107 %|
|Sodium 572.5mg||20 %|
|Potassium 213.4mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.4g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 86.4g|
|Protein 12.1g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 733
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!