1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and vanilla powder.
2. Make a well in the center and pour in milk, egg, melted butter (rum flavoring)
3. Mix batter until smooth.
4. Slice Bananas length-wise, and each length in half (or thirds)
5. Fold Banana slices into the batter until evenly coated.
6. Heat oil in a wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
7. Drop Banana pieces into the hot oil. Fry no more then 2-3 at a time.
8. Fry until golden brown and crispy.
9. Remove bananas from oil, and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Traditionally served as part of the Indonesian Rice Table.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar for looks.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (228g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 103 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 68.7mg||21 %|
|Sodium 63.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 559.9mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 75.4g|
|Protein 7.4g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 447
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.