1. Place the milk in a microwave safe bowl such as a Pyrex measuring cup and heat in the microwave until the milk is 125 degrees when checked with an instant read thermometer.
2. Pour the milk into the standing mixer bowl and add the salt, sugar and flour. Add the yeast to the bowl on top of the flour.
3. Mix the dough on speed two until the ingredients become a ball. Stop the mixer and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit and hydrate for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the plastic after the 15 minutes and restart mixer on speed two for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Remove the dough and turn out on a floured board. Cut the dough in half and form two dough balls. Place each of the dough balls in a ziploc sandwich bag. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
6. Cover a pizza peel or an upside down half sheet pan with parchment paper. Roll out the dough into two large 12 inch round pizzas.
7. Cover each pizza with sauce, cheese and toppings of your choosing.
8. Spray 2 pieces of plastic wrap and loosely cover each pizza. Place in a draft free space and let the pizza rise for at least 25 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven with the pizza stone to 500 degrees for 25 minutes.
10. Remove the plastic and slide the pizza on the parchment paper off the peel and onto the stone. Bake at 500 degrees for about 7 minutes. Remove the pizza by sliding the parchment paper withe pizza onto the peel.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (59g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 2.3mg||1 %|
|Sodium 11.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 106mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.2g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 24.9g|
|Protein 5.4g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 140
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.