Day -2 - Poolish (2 days before making the pizzas):
- In a bowl, add the water for the Poolish.
- Add the yeast and honey and mix them well together.
- Add in the flour for the poolish and mix it in.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest for 1h (at 25C, adjust for warmer/cooler place) to let the leaven activate.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 16h- 24h. First cold fermentation.
Day -1 - Dough (1 day before making the pizzas):
- Take the poolish out of the fridge and let it get to room temperature (30' - 1h).
- If you want to do an autolysis, at this point, add the dough water in a bow and mix in the dough flour until there's no flour powder left. Let it rest covered until the poolish gets to room temperature. Then, knead in the poolish and skip the next two steps.
- (If no autolysis) Add the water for the dough in a bowl, add the poolish in and mix well together.
- (If no autolysis) Add the rest of the flour and incorporate well.
- Add the salt and mix in well.
- Transfer the dough to the worktop and knead it for 2 - 3'.
- Add the olive oil in and incorporate it.
- Knead on for ~10' until the dough is strong and smooth.
- Make a ball with the dough and add tension.
- Let it rest covered for 15' to let the gluten develop.
- Oil your hands, make a ball again and give it tension.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover it and put it into the fridge. Second cold fermentation.
~2 - 3h before making the pizzas:
- Take the dough out of the fridge and let it get to room temperature (30' - 1h).
- Add some flour onto the worktop and transfer the dough onto it.
- Divide the dough, make the pizza balls shaping them with tension. Note the bottom of the dough when it's in the bowl will be the bottom of the pizza balls.
- Put some flower on the bottom of an air-tight container or the worktop, where the balls will ferment.
- Ball the balls again and leave them covered in the air-tight container or worktop for next fermentation (1 - 2h, depending on room temperature).
- 30' - 1h before shaping the pizzas, put the pizza stone in the oven and pre-heat to max. temperature.
- Shape the pizzas, add the ingredients, and bake them!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (291g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1623.4mg||56 %|
|Potassium 195.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 128.2g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 123.5g|
|Protein 17.5g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 626
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!