1. For the dough: Mix the flour, yeast, and salt together in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
2. In a measuring jug, heat the milk and butter until the milk is lukewarm and the butter is melted.
3. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the milk mixture to the flour. Mix for 2 minutes on low speed to wake up the yeast. Increase the speed to medium and mix for roughly 6-8 minutes, or until the dough is shiny and smooth. (if your dough seems a little wet add some flour just to make it form a ball)
4. When your dough is ready, take it off the machine and rub the dough and bowl with olive oil (or any flavorless oil). This will help the dough to rise in the bowl.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours, depending on your room temperature.
6. Once the dough has proofed, gently remove the dough from the bowl knocking out the air.
7. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 12 inches by 24 inches.
8. First spread the minced garlic across the dough followed by a thin layer of pizza sauce, then cheese and pepperoni. 9. Be sure to leave a narrow margin around the edges uncovered.
10. Starting with a long edge, gently roll the dough into a log.
11. Slice the rolls 3” thick and set them on a baking pan lined with parchment, spacing the buns about 2 inches apart.
(AT THIS POINT YOU CAN REFRIGERATE TO BAKE OFF THE FOLLOWING DAY IF YOU WISH)
12. Cover the pan, and allow the rolls to rise until they're have grown into each other and are puffed up, about 45 minutes -1 hour. (depending on how hot your kitchen is).
13. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 375oF/ 190oC.
14. Uncover the pan, and bake the buns for 35 to 40 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown. Rotate the tray during baking so they can get golden brown all over.
15. Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (20g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 6.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 247.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 4.6g|
|Protein 4.6g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 45
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!