1) Hit the plantains on all sides with a wooden spoon to soften.
2) Peel and diagonally cut each plantain in to 2in pieces.
3) In a large skillet, melt butter and oil on high heat; add plantains.
4) Fry until brown.
5) Combine Sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and water.
6) Reduce heat to low and pour liquid over plantains.
7) Continue cooking until the liquid thickens, about 15 minutes.
Not an original recipe. Borrowed it for the purpose of having it handy on my ipad.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (374g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 33 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 7.6mg||2 %|
|Sodium 60.9mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1154.6mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 172.3g||51 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 167.6g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 724
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.