Day 1 preparing the cake
Bring the water and salt to boil in a large saucepan, remove from the heat and add the
polenta, stirring as you add. Return the saucepan to the stove, allow to boil then turn
down the heat, simmer whilst continuously stirring until the polenta is smooth and thick for approx 10 minutes
2. Remove the saucepan from the stove, stir thru the butter and roughly chopped spinach. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a lined spring form tin (min 9 inch), smooth the top, allow to cool for 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
Day 2 prepare filling and assemble cake
1. Prepare capsicums, zucchini and pumpkin, set aside to cool.
2. Chop tomatoes or put open can of tomatoes
3. Combine tasty and parmesan cheese, set aside.
4. Remove the polenta cake from the tin, torte into 3 layers.
Leave the bottom layer in the springform base, place ring around and secure.
Cover with 1/2 of the prepared capsicums, zucchini, pumpkin and spinach.
Pour over 1/ 2 of the tomato mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheeses.
Place another layer of cake on top and cover with the
remaining vegetables, tomato mixture and another 1/3 of the cheeses.
Place the remaining cake layer on top, sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
5. Cook in a pre-heated oven (Fan Forced 160 Celcius, Gas/Electric 180q for 1 hour.
6. Allow to cool for 1 hour, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight..
7. Serve warm with a dollop of basil sour cream, a simple salad with a drizzle of balsamic and some crusty bread.
The filling really can be anything you want and 3 tablespoons of basil pesto can be added to cake with butter and spinach
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (344g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 128 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.2g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.8g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 41.5mg||13 %|
|Sodium 336.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 642.6mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 7.9g|
|Protein 12.1g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!