* In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in polenta; continue stirring until polenta comes to a simmer. Reduce heat and add miso or salt. Cook on low, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes, until polenta is thick and creamy.
* In a small pan heat tomato puree on medium for a few minutes, add 1/3 of the polenta and cook for 3-5 minutes until smooth and bubbly.
* Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place peppers in muffin pan. With a spoon, fill each pepper just under a 1/3 with tomato polenta mixture, press in several pieces of cheese. Spoon in another layer of plain polenta and press in another layer of cheese.
* Stir basil into remaining polenta, increase heat and cook for 1-2 minutes. Spoon into peppers, top with remaining cheese and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow polenta to firm up.
* Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake Peppers in muffin tins for 20- 30 minutes. Just before peppers are done, heat tomato sauce in a small skillet. Serve with Peppers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (137g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 18.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 184.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.9g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 26.8g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 142
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!