1. In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot olive oil, saute mushrooms, minced tarragon, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add cubed turkey and 1/3 cup water, stirring to loosen all browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a 3-quart saucepan, place 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/3 cups milk; gradually whisk in cornmeal until smooth. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining 2/3 cup milk and 2 cups water to boiling over high heat; whisk into cornmeal mixture. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking. Reduce heat to low. Cook while stirring, 5 minutes or until thick. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
4. Serve polenta with turkey/mushroom mixture. Garnish each plate with a sprig of fresh tarragon leaves.
5. Makes 8 appetizers or 4 main dish servings.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (156g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 67.5mg||21 %|
|Sodium 145.6mg||5 %|
|Potassium 371.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.2g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 17.6g|
|Protein 20.9g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.