A traditional French-Canadian recipe that is very common in Quebec. A syrupy "pudding" with a cakey topping. Very sweet. French: Pouding chômeur
1. Pre-heat the oven at 325°F.
2. Sift together the flour and the Baking poweder. Put asside.
3. In a bowl, cream the butter or margarine; slowly add sugar until a smooth constitency.
4. Slowly add ¼ of the milk with the sugar with the egg and the vanilla. Repeat until all is mixed.
5. Using butter or margarine, grease the 9x13 baking dish. Pour in the doe in. Put asside.
6. In a pan, mix all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boiling state for a moment.
7. Pour the sauce on the doe. DO NOT mix.
8. Cook at 350°F for 45 minutes.
That picture currently display on that recipe was taken from the web. I will replace it with one of mine next time I make that cake. Since english is not my native tongue, forgive any typos you may encounter! ;)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (315g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 216 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.1g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.1g|
|Cholesterol 56mg||17 %|
|Sodium 326.7mg||11 %|
|Potassium 164.7mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 168.2g||49 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 167.2g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 893
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.