1. Put mushrooms in a small bowl and pour one cup of boiling water over them. Let soak for 15 minutes.
2. Strain mushrooms through a fine sieve (or coffee filter), reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. Chop mushrooms and set aside.
3. In a large heavy saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat and saute onion until softened.
4. Add rice and stir until well-coated with the butter/oil mixture.
5. Add mushroom liquid and 1 cup of the stock; stir well.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until almost all the stock is absorbed. Add 1 cup of stock and continue stirring.
7. Repeat until the rice is tender, approximately 20 minutes. The rice should have a creamy consistency, not too dry.
8. Add the mushrooms, basil, and parmesan and stir until cheese is just melted.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (326g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 68 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.5g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 16mg||5 %|
|Sodium 484.5mg||17 %|
|Potassium 275.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.5g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 58.3g|
|Protein 9.9g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 361
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.