1. Cut up bacon into half inch pieces. In a dutch oven, cook bacon in olive oil until done and remove from pan. Leave all oil and bacon fat in the pan.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chunks. Increase heat to medium high and brown pork chunks on all sides. Remove from pan.
3. Lower heat to medium and cook onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes. Add broth and creme fraiche.
4. Increase heat to high. Add bacon and sage. When liquid begins to simmer, add pork to the pan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Remove lid and raise heat to medium high. Cook uncovered for ~15-25 minutes until liquid is reduced. Add salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste. Serve with rice or noodles.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (2309g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 3219 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 357.7g||477 %|
|Saturated Fat 109.3g||547 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 153.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 63.1g|
|Cholesterol 1634.4mg||503 %|
|Sodium 1608.8mg||55 %|
|Potassium 5059.2mg||133 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 5.4g|
|Protein 403.1g||576 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4969
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!