1. Rinse and pat dry pork with a paper towel.
2. In the bowl of a 6 quart slow cooker, add pork, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, onion, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, coke and bay leaves.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours, or high heat 5-6 hours, until the meat falls apart.
4. Remove pork and shred with two forks. DO NOT DISCARD THE LIQUID!!!
TO CRISP IN THE OVEN:
1. Transfer the pork to a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking oil spray (or lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper).
2. Pour 1 ladle full (about 1 cup) of the liquid from the slow cooker over the pork to season. Broil for 5-10 minutes on high heat until the mat becomes golden browned and crispy on the edges.
TO CRISP ON STOVE:
1. Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan or cast iron skillet over high heat. When pan is not, add pork in batches of two or three, and sear until just beginning to crisp. Ladle over about 1/2 cup of left over liquid, and continue cooking until the juices begin to reduce down and the meat is nice and crispy.
1. Season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired. Pour over more of the slow cooker juices once the meat has crisped for added flavor, just before serving. Serve in Tacos, Burritos or in a salad.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (227g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 74.9mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 4.7g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 22
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!