- In a large shallow dish, like a 9x13 pan, stir together milk and first amount of salt.
- Add pork chops (you could use bone-in chops, if you wish) and marinate (if you want to call it that; it's more of a milk brine methinks), covered and in fridge, for at least one hour (maximum 4 hours).
- Turn chops once, halfway through marinating/brining time.
- When ready to cook chops, preheat oven to 200F and have ready an ovenproof platter.
- In a shallow dish (like a pie plate), combine freshly made bread crumbs (grind bread in food processor to make crumbs; you'll need about 8 slices) with garlic powder, rosemary, thyme and remaining amount of salt.
- Remove chops from milk and let excess milk drip off, then dredge chops in bread crumbs, lightly patting crumbs onto both sides of chops so they adhere.
- Place breaded pork chops on a tray, keeping chops in one layer.
- In a large 12-inch skillet over high heat, place butter and oil.
- Saute chops, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side only.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK, do not crowd chops in skillet, and turn only once; chops should be golden brown and just cooked through.
- Place cooked chops on platter and keep warm in preheated oven.
- Cook remaining chops (you may have to do 3 batches, depending on the size of your pan and how many chops you do); add more oil and butter to pan if necessary (it likely will be).
- I recommend serving with applesauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (552g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 337 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.5g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.7g|
|Cholesterol 179.2mg||55 %|
|Sodium 1652mg||57 %|
|Potassium 1409mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 146.9g||43 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 137.9g|
|Protein 79g||113 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1265
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!