1. Spray a large non-stick skillet with oil and heat over medium heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
2. Cook the pork chops under the undersides are golden brown, takes about three minutes. Flip the pork and cook it until the other side is golden brown too, and the meat feels firm when pressed in the thickest part with a fingertip. Transfer to a plate.
3. Whisk the cornstarch into the broth. Add the milk and mustard and whisk again, set aside.
4. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots or onion and cook, stirring often, until it is tender. Whisk the broth again, and then pour in the skillet and bring to a boil. Return the pork and any juices on the plate to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
5. Transfer the pork to plates and cut each chop in half. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with rosemary. Serve hot.
Be careful that you cook the pork chops over medium heat and don't overcook them.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (278g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 347 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 38.6g||51 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.1g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.5g|
|Cholesterol 144.9mg||45 %|
|Sodium 284.3mg||10 %|
|Potassium 745mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.1g|
|Protein 42.1g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 533
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.