1. Toss the pork with 1 tablespoon soy, 1 tablespoon sherry, the cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside. Combine the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons soy, 1 tablespoon sherry and the sesame oil in another small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cook the noodles, just until tender, in one gallon of water salted with 1 tablespoon salt, about 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool to room temperature. Turn out onto paper towels to dry.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the noodles and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden and slightly crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer noodles to dry paper towels.
4. Heat another tablespoon oil until shimmering hot. Add the pork and cook, tossing often, until browned and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer pork to a bowl.
5. Add two tablespoons oil to the pan. When shimmering hot add the green onions, mushrooms, and carrots to the pan. Season lightly with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add the ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes to pan and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the cabbage, season lightly with salt, and cook just until it starts to soften, about 2 minutes.
7. Add the noodles and pork to the pan; toss to combine. Add the reserved soy mixture to the pan, and cook, tossing the ingredients, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve passing additional soy sauce at the table.
It seems like a long recipe, but it goes very fast. I just separated out the steps to make it easy to follow along.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (310g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 126 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 52.7mg||16 %|
|Sodium 241.9mg||8 %|
|Potassium 803.2mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58.8g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 53.3g|
|Protein 26.2g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 474
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.