1. In a large pan on a medium heat, fry the onion and garlic in a glug of olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Throw in the pork and continue to stir until all the pieces change colour and are cooked on the outside.
3. Mix in the fennel, then the lemon zest, the chopped tomatoes, paste or puree, sugar, stock and thyme.
4. Bring to the boil, cover the pan then lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes until the fennel is nice and soft.
5. Cook the rice (to serve with).
6. Just before serving, chop up and mix in the herby bits from the fennel and season with the salt and pepper.
Serve with plain rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (227g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 77.1mg||3 %|
|Potassium 588.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 10.9g|
|Protein 2.6g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 63
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!