1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Break stem off of mushrooms, discard (or save for making stock). Wipe caps with a damp towel.
3. Rub about a teaspoon of olive oil into each cap, season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook mushroom caps for about 5 minutes each side, until juices start to flow.
5. In an 8 x 8 baking dish spread 2 oz marinara in two circles, one for each cap. Place cap on sauce.
6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs in each cap. Layer 1 oz. mozzarella in each cap, cover in marinara, place remainder of mozzarella over marinara sauce.
7. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and golden brown in spots.
8. Remove from oven, garnish with torn basil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (280g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 237 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.3g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 38.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 991.1mg||34 %|
|Potassium 835.1mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 26.5g|
|Protein 19.5g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 436
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.