1. Combine yeast, sugar, 3-4 tsp. of flour and 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
2. Let mixture stand until it doubles in size and foams up.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining flour and salt, stir it, add butter, the yeast mixture and remaining lukewarm water..
4. Knead until a smooth dough forms by hand. Approx.. 10 minutes
5. Cover with plastic or kitchen towel for about 60-90 minutes or until it doubles in size.
6. Shape buns with your hands and place them on parchment lined baking tray.
7. Make an indentation on top of each bun with a hand.
8. Fold them and flip them upside down.
9. Let them rest covered for about 15 minutes, then flip them back upright. Let them rise again for another 60 minutes covered.
10. Preheat oven to 500 F
11. Brush them lightly with milk before placing in oven.
12. They will be ready when golden brown or about 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1269g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 213 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.6g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.7g||73 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 61mg||19 %|
|Sodium 184.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 299.1mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 758.2g||223 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 755.3g|
|Protein 5.4g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3158
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!