Preheat oven to Gas 6/200 degrees c
1) In frying pan, gentry fry the onion, garlic and bacon (Very low!). Then place the mixture in a bowl to cool down
2) Place the minced pork and sausage meat into a large bowl. Add the chopped sage, parsley, ginger, nutmeg, apricots... and then season with salt and pepper.
3) Add the onion mixture along with 2 of the eggs into the mixture. Mix together to create the filling
4) Dust the surface with flour, and lay out the pastry. Please the filling over it in the shape of a saurage roll.
5) Seal the top of the pastry, and then also the top and sides (so they go nice and brown).
6) Finally, make some score marks with a sharp knife at the top - this lets the steam out
7) The place in the oven on a grill tray, with GREASEPROOF paper under it, to stop the base falling through the grill.
10- mins at Gas 6, then down to Gas 3 1/2 for a further 10-15 mins (or until its brown enough)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 147 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.3g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 80.7mg||25 %|
|Sodium 183.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 268.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 4.1g|
|Protein 13.4g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 222
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!