- Oven to 425 degrees
- If using fresh vegetable cook until crisp tender in a skillet.
- Heat margarine in saucepan over low heat until melted
- Stir in flour, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken or turkey and vegetables
- Mix flour and salt in bowl
- Cut in shortening
- Gradually add cold water, mixing until flour is moistened
- Shape dough into ball, reserve 1/3 for top crust
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface
- Put crust into ungreased 9X9 pan
- Pour chicken mixture into pastry-lined pan
- Roll remaining pastry into 10 inch square
- Place over filling and cut slits in
- Turn edges under and flute
- Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes
1 serving = 1/6th of pan
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (262g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 339 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.6g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.1g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.6g|
|Cholesterol 48.5mg||15 %|
|Sodium 556.6mg||19 %|
|Potassium 315.5mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 39.7g|
|Protein 20.1g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 592
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.