1. Rinse the potatoes and microwave them on high for four minutes, or until tender but not quite done. (You can do this way ahead if you like, even a day.) Remove and let cool. Put the asparagus in a microwave-proof dish with 1 tablespoon of water and a bit of salt and pepper. Cover tightly and nuke about 2 minutes, until bright green and semi-cooked.
2. When they\'re cool enough, peel the potatoes (or not; it isn\'t mandatory) and cut them into thick slices. Heat the oil or butter in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and, when it\'s hot, add the potatoes; season and brown them well on both sides, adjusting heat as necessary. Remove with a slotted spoon and turn the heat to medium-low.
3. Cook the onion in the same skillet with some salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the asparagus, raise the heat a bit and cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus is fully cooked. Now turn the heat to low.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, or the broiler (or not; you\'ll finish the frittata one of three ways). Beat the eggs with some salt and pepper in a large bowl; add the Parmesan if you\'re using it. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and use a spoon if necessary to even out the top. Cook, undisturbed, until the mixture is nearly firm, about 15 minutes.
5. Nestle the potatoes into the top of the frittata. Now you can finish it in the oven or under the broiler, or just let it finish cooking on top of the stove (which will be slower). In any case, don\'t overcook; it\'s done when still moist but just barely firm. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (844g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 538 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 59.8g||80 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.3g||81 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.8g|
|Cholesterol 1138.7mg||350 %|
|Sodium 838.1mg||29 %|
|Potassium 1411mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.8g||43 %|
|Sugars, other 16.9g|
|Protein 53.6g||77 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 834
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!