I received this through a recipe swap in Home Cooking magazine by a very nice gentleman named Billie A Wesolowski. I'm very thankful to him for such a great recipe. This makes a very delicious loaf of bread. A family favorite since 1999. I've never tried it with the raisins though.
1. Scald milk and potato water.
2. Add butter, salt and sugar.
3. Let stand until lukewarm.
4. Sprinkle warm water over yeast.
5. Let stand to make sponge.
6. Put 4 cups flour in large bowl.
7. Add milk mixture, eggs, mashed potatos, raisins and yeast.
8. Beat until smooth.
9. Add remaining flour. Knead 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
10. Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
11. Cover. let rise until double (about 1 1/2-2 hrs.).
12. Punch dough down. Divide in half. Shape into 2 loaves. Place each into a greased baking pan. Cover. Let rise until almost doubled - about 45 minutes.
13. Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
14. Cool on wire rack, laying loaf on it's side.
15. Just before removing from pans, brush tops with melted butter.
16. Makes 2 (9 by 5") loaves or 10 mini loaves.
3 hours | 2 hours prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Loave (1273g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Loaves|
|Calories from Fat: 834 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 92.7g||124 %|
|Saturated Fat 43.9g||220 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.2g|
|Cholesterol 1722.4mg||530 %|
|Sodium 1238.8mg||43 %|
|Potassium 2253.2mg||59 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 474g||139 %|
|Dietary Fiber 21g||84 %|
|Sugars, other 453.1g|
|Protein 109.8g||157 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3170
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!