1. Steam the potatoes or simmer in salted water until tender. Drain in a colander (if simmered) and let dry in an oven for a few minutes.
2. Pass the potatoes through a food mill.
3. Add the butter and mix to a smooth paste. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
4. Set over moderate heat and stir the mixture to dry it out well. If it is not dry enough, the croquettes will not hold their shape.
5. Remove from the fire, add the egg yolks, and beat in thoroughly.
6. To shape croquettes, two methods are available: (A) Spread the mixture to cool in a pan, cover with plastic or buttered paper to keep a crust from forming, and refrigerate. Dust hands with flour and shape potatoes by hand into cylinders the shape of corks, about 2" long and about 1.5 oz. each. (B) Dust sheet pan with flour. Place the warm potato mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large, plain tip. Bag out the potatoes into long strips on the pan. With a knife, cut the strips into 2" lengths.
7. Set up a breading station and pass the potatoes through Standard Breading Procedure.
8. At service time, fry croquettes in deep fat at 350 F until golden brown, drain well.
9. Serve immediately, 3 pieces per portion.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 205 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.8g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.4g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 851.3mg||262 %|
|Sodium 74.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 743.8mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 26.7g|
|Protein 14g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 378
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!