1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in upper third. Combine 4 teaspoons coarse salt with 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
2. Oil a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle bottom with salt some and pepper mixture. Cut potatoes into 1/8 inch slices. Arrange slices vertically in baking dish; wedge in shallots and sprinkle thyme throughout. Brush with oil and season between potato slices with salt and pepper mixture. Place baking dish on rimmed baking sheet.
3. Whisk together eggs, broth, in a medium bowl. Add matzo meal and stir to combine. Pour evenly over potatoes, tapping baking sheet to ensure mixture settles to bottom. Cover with parchment, then with foil.
4. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and parchment, rotate baking sheet, continue baking until potatoes are tender when pierced with tip of paring knife, about 40 minutes more.
5. Increase heat to broil and broil until golden, about 5 minutes.
6. Let rest at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes. Garnish with thyme.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (270g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 33 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 89mg||3 %|
|Potassium 968mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.6g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 38.7g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 213
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!