A note on the potatoes: I typically make this with golden potatoes. Idaho / baker potatoes work great as well. I measured the weight with a scale after trimming and chopping the potatoes. I like to leave most of the jacket on the potato, but it works with or without the jacket. This recipe is fairly forgiving; feel free to customize and/or forgo measuring.
1. Start a pot of boiling water. Add a splash of salt
2. Wash and scrub potatoes. I recommend leaving most of the jacket on the potatoes, but if that is not your style, go ahead and peel
3. Trim potatoes. Remove eyes and bad spots with the tip of a potato peeler and/or a sharp knife
4. Quarter potatoes lengthwise. And then slice across the previous cuts to make triangles roughly 1 cm thick
5. Add potatoes to boiling water. Stir, and allow to reboil and then reduce heat to keep boil steady
6. Boil potatoes for roughly 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and are starting to fall apart when bothered with a fork. More or less time depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes. Overcooking is typically fine.
7. Turn off heat. Drain potatoes in a strainer. Return potatoes to hot pot
8. While pot is still hot, add butter and begin stirring
9. Add seasoned salt and cheese. Continue stirring
10. Add any optional ingredients. Stir until sufficiently mixed
11. Serve directly from pot. Makes a nice meal for a couple of poor college students!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (299g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 267 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.7g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.2g||81 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 79.3mg||24 %|
|Sodium 979.5mg||34 %|
|Potassium 1063.4mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 35.1g|
|Protein 16.1g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 487
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!