1) On the stove, in a med-large saucepan, add 1 cup Water, Cumin Seeds, Tomatoes, Oregano, Salt, Garlic, and Ancho Chiles, and cover.
2) Boil for about 10 minutes, or whenever your tomatoes pop (it should look like they are bursting open).
3) Blend well and reserve for later.
1) Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot.
2) Add Oil.
3) When the oil is hot, add the onion and caramelize to 50%.
4) Add Pork. Sauté until meat is browned, about 10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
5) Add the sauce you just made (if you want it spicy, add some green chiles too).
6) Add the Chicken Broth, water (do not go beyond the Max Line), and Bay Leaves.
7) Stir to blend.
8) Place and secure the lid on the Instant Pot
9) Press the Soup button.
10) At the end of the Instant Pot soup cycle (35 min cycle), let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then use the pressure release valve to release the remaining pressure.
11) When the pressure is released, remove the lid and add the hominy.
12) Put the lid back on, and select the Sauté setting and simmer the soup for 8 minutes to heat through.
Serve hot. Add lime juice, hot sauce, radish, lettuce, and cilantro to your bowl.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (922g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.1g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 8.4mg||3 %|
|Sodium 6786.7mg||234 %|
|Potassium 967.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.7g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 19.6g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!