1. Preheat oven to 350(F). Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
4. Bake at 350(F) for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
5. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool until slightly thickened. Spoon over top of bread; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
Make a double batch
Note: To freeze, cool bread completely; wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 loaf (1329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 2124 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 236g||315 %|
|Saturated Fat 77.4g||387 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 99.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 42.7g|
|Cholesterol 1099.8mg||338 %|
|Sodium 48106.4mg||1659 %|
|Potassium 1514.3mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 535.1g||157 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.8g||91 %|
|Sugars, other 512.3g|
|Protein 68.1g||97 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4378
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.