1. Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a sheet pan
2. Place water, butter, salt & sugar in a sauce pan and bring to boil.
3. When butter is melted, remove from heat and immediately pour in flour and stir to blend
4. Return pan to burner over medium heat and continue to stir until mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan clean and leaves a film on the bottom of the pot. (approx 3 minutes?) remove from heat.
5. Form a depression in the middle of the dough and add an egg. Stir until fully incorporated and blended. Repeat process with the remaining eggs. Place mixture in a pastry bag with a 1/2 - inch wide tube or a zip lock bag with a corner snipped.
6. Form circular 1-inch wide and 1-inch tall blobs of dough onto the prepared pan 2-inches apart.
7. Glaze tops with beaten egg, pushing them into shape if necessary
8. Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until brown and crisp to the touch
9. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 200. Pierce the puffs with the tip of a knife to release steam. Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove and cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (174g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 205 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.7g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 278.4mg||86 %|
|Sodium 492.6mg||17 %|
|Potassium 79.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 37.9g|
|Protein 7.1g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 376
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.