1. Season both tenderloins with salt & pepper.
2. Place two large 12 by 12 inch pieces of plastic wrap on a counter top. Lay the prosciutto slices on the plastic wrap long ways next
to each other so they overlap by a 1/4 inch. Place sage leaves in a line on the prosciutto. Place a tenderloin onto the prosciutto
so it is aligned with the edge closest to you. Wrap the tenderloin in the plastic wrap. Repeat the process with the other
Place them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. This helps proscuitto bond to the pork. Remove pork from the fridge about 30
minutes before you need to start baking them.
3. After the rest gently remove the pork from the plastic wrap. Heat a large saute pan, non-stick is not a bad choice here, over medium high heat and add enough oil to coat the pan. Toss a couple of sage leaves into the hot oil. Then sear the pork until the prosciutto is browned on all sides. this will leave the interior raw and in need of roasting. Remove them from the pan to a casserole or sheet tray. Toss the remainder of the sage leaves around the pork.
4. Bake them for about 25 minutes. Remove pork from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
5. To make the red wine jus heat the saute pan over high heat. Add the red wine and let it reduce to a tablespoon or two. Add the
stock and let it boil and reduce to half a cup.
Take the jus off the heat and whisk in the beurre manie put the jus back on the heat and bring the sauce to a soft boil while
whisking and let it thicken. Remove it from the heat but keep the sauce warm.
5. Slice the tenderloins into 1/4 inch slices and fan them out on top of the jus. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (408g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 77 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.5g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 114.2mg||35 %|
|Sodium 344.7mg||12 %|
|Potassium 936.3mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 7.8g|
|Protein 38.9g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 333
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!