Great dessert/breakfast recipe.
1. Mix the first four ingredients with fingers (butter, flour, sugar, salt)
2. Beat two egg yolks with half cup of milk; mix in the yeast.
3. Mix the yeast mixture into the butter/flour mixture to make the dough; split the dough into two balls.
4. I usually refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
5. Roll out one sheet of dough on a sprayed cookie sheet--it should cover nearly the whole sheet; the other can go into the refrigerator for a while.
1. Slice up apples and place on the dough on the cookie sheet; leave .5 to 1 " to seal.
2. Mix the sugar and flour thoroughly, then add the vanilla extract (will still be very dry).
3. Sprinkle the mixture over apples.
4. Dot with butter.
1. Roll out the other sheet and put on top of the apples--seal all the edges with water.
2. I whisk one egg with water and brush over the top and sprinkle with a little raw sugar.
BAKE at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
OPTIONAL TOPPING (my husband does not call this optional): mix hot water and powdered sugar and spread a thin layer over the top of the pastry
It seems like a lot of work, but it is not bad--the outcome is so worth it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1772g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 903 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 100.3g||134 %|
|Saturated Fat 54.8g||274 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.7g|
|Cholesterol 636.5mg||196 %|
|Sodium 512.4mg||18 %|
|Potassium 1444.7mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1235.9g||363 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.2g||81 %|
|Sugars, other 1215.7g|
|Protein 98.2g||140 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6275
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.