1. Rub butt with spice mix to coat. Marinate, refrigerated, for 12 to 24 hours.
2. cool smoke the butt for 3 hours iwht hickory, oak or a combination.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fire grill. Brown the onion, carrot, and celery in the oil to lightly caramelize. Transfer to a braising pan. Sear butt on grill on all sides, place on vegetables in braising pan. Add garlic, bay leaves, cider, and chicken stock to come 2/3 up sides of butt. Bring liquid to a boil, cover tightly and braise in oven until very tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Remove, cool to 140 degrees and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigeration, degrease braising liquid and reheat over low heat until warm. Remove butt from liquid. Strain and reserve braising liquid.
5. Transfer butt to cutting board and hand shred or chop to a coarse texture. Reserve.
6. Add the 1/2 cup cider vinegar to the braising liquid, bring to a boil and reduce by half, skimming as necessary. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and additional cider vinegar; shoud be moderately acidic. Cool and serve with pulled pork.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (339g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 28 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 3.6mg||1 %|
|Sodium 180.7mg||6 %|
|Potassium 219.6mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.4g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 10.8g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 88
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!