1. FOR CRUST (may need to double to fit my pan): Preheat oven to 350. Wrap outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with foil to catch drips. Place gingersnaps into a 1-gallon plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Measure out the 1 1/2 cups and combine them with the butter and sugar in a bowl. Press mixture into bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of the springform pan. Bake crust 5 mins until slightly darkened. Set aside. Maintain oven temperature.
2. FOR FILLING: Blend the room temp cream cheese and sugar in food processor or heavy duty mixer until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and spices. Mix or process until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl for a homogenous mixture. Pour the filling into the crust.
3. Bake cheesecake until the center is set (doesn't slosh around at all in the middle when the pan is wiggled) and edges begin to crack, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool in the springform pan on a rack. Chill uncovered until cold, at least 6 hours. (Can be made a day ahead, cover and keep it chilled, but don't make it any more than a day in advance)
4. Run a knife around between the crust and side pan sides; remove sides. Arrange pecans decoratively on cake.
5. Serve plain or with a dollop of real whipped cram spiked with whiskey.
6. FOR SAUCE: whisk together brown sugar and corn starch. Add the cider and stir well until dissolved. Cook over medium high heat, whisking constantly until large bubbles form around the perimeter of the pan, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1957g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1762 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 195.8g||261 %|
|Saturated Fat 101.7g||508 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 64g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.8g|
|Cholesterol 1626.9mg||501 %|
|Sodium 63207.4mg||2180 %|
|Potassium 2472mg||65 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 654.2g||192 %|
|Dietary Fiber 32.5g||130 %|
|Sugars, other 621.7g|
|Protein 64.1g||92 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4535
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!