1. Chill nine inch springform pan, butter thoroughly, set aside in refrigerator.
2. To make crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and sugar.
3. Stir in butter and press into the bottom a 1/2 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Chill 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. To make filling, whisk together pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, brown sugar, and eggs. Set aside.
7. Using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat cream cheese until mostly smooth.
8. Add sugar, cream, cornstarch, and vanilla, and beat in.
9. Beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
10. Fill large bowl or pan with hot water, put pan on lower rack of oven.
11. Pour filling into crust and bake for 50-55 minutes on the middle rack in the center of the oven, until center is just set. The middle few inches may wiggle slightly when done, this is okay. Do not let the edge of the cake grow more than light brown.
12. Remove from oven (do not turn off), run thin spatula or knife carefully around edge of pan, and let cool on wire rack for five minutes.
13. To make topping, whisk together sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
14. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake and then bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
15. Remove from oven and let cheesecake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1-2 hours.
16. Cover and chill overnight. Carefully remove rim of pan.
17. To candy pecan garnishes, preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and butter.
18. Beat egg white until very foamy, whisk in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in pecans, pour out onto cookie sheet.
19. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until browned. Allow to cool. Store in refrigerator.
20. Garnish chilled cheesecake with candied pecan halves. Enjoy!
Do not open the oven during baking. Follow directions, measurements, and ingredients exactly. Cut the cheesecake with a piece of plain floss, and don't draw the floss back up, but rather pull it through the cake. Use a flat, thin metal frosting spatula to lift the pieces, as well as to carefully separate the edges from the pan after baking and before cooling. These tricks will increase enjoyment and give the cake a neater appearance.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (233g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 331 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.8g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.1g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 264.5mg||81 %|
|Sodium 1165.3mg||40 %|
|Potassium 301.2mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.7g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 58.2g|
|Protein 11.3g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 604
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!