I adapted and translated this Pumpkin Coconut Soup recipe from a German recipe I found. Makes a smooth and tasty soup. I liked the addition of coconut milk but I have to admit I like the flavor of traditional butternut squash soup better - but if the idea of coconut milk & cumin appeal to you, definitely try this one.
1. Cut open pumpkin, discard seeds, stringy stuff and peel. Cut into approximately 1 inch pieces. Peel onion and cut into rings.
2. Put pumpkin, onion, garlic, cumin, broth and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
3. Process in batches in a blender. You may also use a hand blender, but a normal blender will result in an even smoother soup.
4. Return to pot on stove. Add coconut milk and lemon juice, heat on medium heat while stirring occasionally. Taste and add salt as desired.
5. Serve garnished with leftover coconut milk and scallions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (498g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 476.6mg||16 %|
|Potassium 1154.8mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.5g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 22g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 139
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.