1. Preheat the oven to 400°F, with 2 oven racks in place.
2. To make the frosting, in a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese for 6 minutes on high speed. Scrape down the bowl. Add the butter in pieces, and mix for about 4 minutes on high speed, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl. Add the vanilla and mix for 30 seconds, being careful not to overbeat. While whipping on low or medium speed, gradually add the powdered sugar in 3 parts. Blend on medium speed for 3 minutes. Do not overbeat the frosting, as it will become runny. Chill immediately.
3. To make the cupcakes, make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature. Gather cupcake liners, cupcake pans, and an ice cream scoop.
4. Cut the the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. (You can reserve them for roasting.) Place the pumpkin halves down on a lined baking sheet and roast for 25 to 35 minutes, until tender. Let cool, scoop out the flesh, and purée in a blender until smooth.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg in a large bowl, and set aside.
4. In a mixer with the flat beater attachment, cream 1 cup of the pumpkin purée on medium speed. Gradually add the sugar and increase the speed to high. Add the oil and eggs, continuing to mix on medium to high speed for 2 minutes. Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
5. With the mixer on medium, add the flour mixture in 3 parts. Mix until incorporated, increasing speed if needed to incorporate more evenly.
6. Line the cupcake pans with the liners. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each liner 90% full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean or the cupcakes spring back when touched.
7. Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature, then ice them with the cream cheese frosting. Refrigerate or freeze any leftover pumpkin purée for another use.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (85g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 121 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.5g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 71.3mg||22 %|
|Sodium 2507.2mg||86 %|
|Potassium 47.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 42.3g|
|Protein 2.6g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 297
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!