1. spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast them in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the seeds are completely dry and lightly browned (large seeds may take longer).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin pie spice, the salt and 2 teaspoons of the sugar and set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat,.
4. Add the seeds and the rest of the sugar to the skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 5 or so minutes.
5. Scrape the seeds into the pumpkin pie spice mixture and stir to coat.
6. Allow the seeds to cool before eating and store in an airtight container.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (47g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 185 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.6g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 47mg||2 %|
|Potassium 268.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 11.7g|
|Protein 8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 254
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.