1. Cook Macaroni (or whatever pasta you choose. All we had available at the time was Extra Wide Egg Noodles) per manufacturer directions, drain, and set aside,
2. In a medium Saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the Skim Milk and the slices of american cheese. We used white for ours. Stir frequently to ensure all of the cheese melts. I started with a spoon but switched to a whisk when I was still seeing some cheese clumps in the sauce.
4. Add the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stirring to incorporate into the sauce. If 1 tablespoon gives you the consistency you want, don't add the second. If 2 tablespoons doesn't give you the consistency you want, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
5. Add the cooked pasta, cover, remove from heat, and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (199g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 142 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.7g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.5g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 69.3mg||21 %|
|Sodium 573mg||20 %|
|Potassium 216.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 25g|
|Protein 14.7g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.