Quick & Easy Tortellini Salad with Asparagus, Strawberries, Raspberry Vinaigrette.
TIP: Finding the correct place to cut off the lower tough-hard stalk of Asparagus was always a challenge until I discovered the following tip.
Firmly grip the lowest part of the stalk in one hand and grip the upper floret in the other hand. Start bending the stalk into a upside-down "U" shape until it breaks and discard the lower part. Then cut the upper floret into one inch pieces for the salad.
1) Clean and cut Asparagus into one inch pieces.
2) In a pasta pot, heat water until boiling and add Asparagus. Steam for 10 minutes.
3) While Asparagus is cooking, clean and cut strawberries and green onion and set aside.
4) When Asparagus is tender; drain and remove from pasta pot and set aside.
5) Transfer the Tortellini to the pasta pot and steam for two minutes.
6) Drain Tortellini and in a large mixing bowl combine Tortellini, Asparagus, Strawberries, Green Onion and nuts. Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette.
7) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until chilled.
Eat as is, or over a bed of lettuce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (359g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 224 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.9g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 59.5mg||18 %|
|Sodium 738.1mg||25 %|
|Potassium 483.8mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79.6g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||30 %|
|Sugars, other 72.1g|
|Protein 22.4g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 632
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.