1. Add basil, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, and olive oil to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
2. Process until it is a smooth paste.
3. Add salt and pepper, and process to taste.
4. The addition of parsley adds another layer to taste and makes the pesto a deeper green.
5. Makes 2 cups.
6. Ratio of pesto to angel hair pasta is approximately 3/4 cup per pound of cooked pasta.
7. Pesto can be placed in a standard, 12 compartment ice cube tray and frozen. Once frozen, remove from tray and place in freezer bag for casual use with, pasta, fish, and chicken or any recipe that calls for pesto.
The quality of ingredients will kick this pesto up a notch!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (236g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 821 (91%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 91.2g||122 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 48.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 25.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 26.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 820.1mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.5g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 14.7g|
|Protein 12.5g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 902
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!