This recipe uses store-bought rotisserie chicken and a single skillet to bring from-scratch Chicken and Dumplings to your weeknight dinner table in record time. The bulk of this recipe’s prep time is spent passively baking in the oven, which leaves plenty of time to pour a drink and put your feet up before dinner.
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan and cook until soft and translucent.
3. Stir in the carrot and celery. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the cubed chicken, chicken stock, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for about 10 minutes. With heat on low, incorporate cream cheese. Add frozen peas and stir.???
5. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water. Turn off the heat and slowly stir cornstarch mixture into the skillet.
For the dumplings:
6. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Using your fingers, incorporate the butter until course, pea-sized crumbs begin to form. Stir in the milk and combine well until a sticky dough begins to form.
7. Form and drop golf ball-sized dollops of dumplings over the chicken stew in an even layer.
8. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes in the center of the oven until dumplings are puffed and golden.
9. Garnish with a flurry of fresh parsley and coarse sea salt to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1632g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1145 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 127.2g||170 %|
|Saturated Fat 73.9g||370 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.8g|
|Cholesterol 488.3mg||150 %|
|Sodium 2700mg||93 %|
|Potassium 4464.7mg||117 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 160.2g||47 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 159.4g|
|Protein 112.9g||161 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2222
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!