• In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Add ½ cup chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped celery, and ½ cup chopped onions or scallions to the heated oil and fry for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables just start to brown.
• Stir in 2 cups of water and 3 cups of chicken stock or broth and bring to a boil.
• Stir in ½ cup of rinsed quinoa, 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken, ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
• Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve. This recipe yields approximately 8 one-cup servings.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (312g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 123 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.7g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 56mg||17 %|
|Sodium 242.2mg||8 %|
|Potassium 402.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 12.7g|
|Protein 18g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 259
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.