1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Add quinoa to 1/1/2 c. boiling water, return to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
3. Steam green peppers until soft, but not limp.
4. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter. Add tomatoes, crushed garlic and salsa. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add sherry and simmer 10 more minutes.
6. Fold in quinoa.
7. Place peppers in baking dish and fill with quinoa mixture (uses about half the mixture).
8. Thin remainder with reserved juice and pour around peppers.
9. Sprinkle cheese over peppers and bake for 30-35 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (156g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 45.4mg||14 %|
|Sodium 442.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 280mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 5.4g|
|Protein 19.2g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 203
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.