1. Rinse Quinoa!
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the quinoa, and cook 2 minutes until toasted.
3. Pour in the chicken broth, onion, garlic, thyme, and black pepper. Cover, and let come to a boil.
4. Once boiling, stir in the frozen peas. Recover, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the chicken stock, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Stir in half of the Pecorino Romano cheese and the parsley until evenly mixed.
6. Scoop the quinoa into a serving dish, and sprinkle with the remaining Pecorino Romano cheese to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (939g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 513 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 57g||76 %|
|Saturated Fat 28.4g||142 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.7g|
|Cholesterol 148.5mg||46 %|
|Sodium 3425.3mg||118 %|
|Potassium 1753.4mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 166.4g||49 %|
|Dietary Fiber 21.2g||85 %|
|Sugars, other 145.1g|
|Protein 76.3g||109 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1479
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!