This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine, April. It's a wonderful recipe ... and packed with lots of great ingredients. April also adds grilled chicken to this recipe to make it more of a meal rather than a side dish. I also serve it will grilled salmon ... delicious!
1. Bring Quinoa and stock to boil - cover and simmer for 15 mins, just until the stock is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
2. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil and place over medium heat. Saute the corn for about 8 minutes, just until browned, stirring constantly. Set aside.
3. Spray a medium non-stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over medium heat. Add the diced onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin and chili paste and saute until the onions begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the spinach and water. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in green onion, cilantro, feta, olive oil, lemon juice and sauteed corn.
6. Add the mixture to the quinoa and mix well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (429g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 99 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 14.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 495.2mg||17 %|
|Potassium 1341.1mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.1g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 52.4g|
|Protein 18.4g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 399
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.