1. In a large stock pot on medium-high heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and sauté the onions and mushrooms until onions become translucent and mushrooms have released the majority of their juices. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.
2. Deglaze the stock pot with the Marsala wine.
3. Add the heavy cream, half-and-half, chicken stock, sage, dry mustard, and white pepper to the stock pot and heat through. Do not let it boil.
4. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan and slowly stir in the flour to create a roux. Cook until the roux is thick and starts to turn golden brown.
4. Add the roux to the stock pot and season to taste with salt and black pepper. More white pepper and dry mustard can also be added to taste.
5. Return the mushrooms and onions to the stock pot.
6. Use an immersion blender to purée the mushrooms and onions with the liquid. (If you do not have an immersion blender, use a regular blender or food processor to purée the mixture. If using either of these alternate methods, you may need to process the ingredients in batches.)
7. When all is finely puréed, add the bay leaves and heat through, at least 30 minutes.
8. Serve hot, adding a dollop of sour cream if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Cup (514g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 184 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.5g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.5g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 66.1mg||20 %|
|Sodium 3437.1mg||119 %|
|Potassium 900.9mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.4g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 19.2g|
|Protein 15.2g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 319
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!